Saturday, August 29, 2015

Week1 Intro to Second Life

This is Jason Ou, a chinese student who is fighting to be a teacher, haha! I have no knowledge of computer-meditated language learning. However, I have been a language learner for over 10 years, so I believe I can find some answers to questions I have about language learning in this class. I started using technology to learn English when I was a sophomore in college, and I have seen so much growth in my path of learning English. Therefore, I am eager to dive into this class to know more about learning language with technologies.


Today we learned about a virtual world called Second Life. This tool was brand new to me, and I did not understand the relation to language learning until the teacher brought it up. We focused on the avatar in Second Life in this class such that we could start exploring more in this virtual world.

No comments:

Post a Comment